Isn’t it true that the sense of smell is the sense that can evoke the most memories? If I’m not mistaken, I think that is an actual scientitic fact.
I went to see my old high school volleyball team play a game last night. I haven’t stepped foot in that gym in 7 years and when I walked in I was seriously blown away. It smelled exactly the same. I felt like I was 17 again, getting ready to warm-up. It got me thinking about other scents that remind me of the same thing whenever I catch a whiff. This is the olfactory version of the soundtrack of my life.
- Cool Water cologne always reminds me of the first year Derek and I were togeter. I still love that cologne.
- Freshly mowed grass takes me back to all my years playing soccer and reminds me of endless hours not only spent at the field playing, but also spent there with my dad while he reffed.
- Sea Spray flavor from Bath and Body Works. I’m pretty sure they don’t make this one anymore, but it was my favorite when I was 16. It reminds me especailly of volleyball because I would put it on after our mid-day practice so I didn’t stink the rest of the day.
- Secret Spring Breeze deoderant reminds me of my semesters at ACU and the summer I worked at camp. Pretty random, but whenever I buy that flavor now I always think of that time in my life.
- Real Mexican black beans and tortillas reminds me of being pregnant with Connor. We went to Mexico on a mission trip when I was in my first trimester with Connor. I was so nauseous the whole time and that’s what we ate everyday. This isn’t necessarily a smell that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy…it actually makes me feel a little sick still.
Okay, so this list isn’t as long. That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.