I think I got tagged by Laura a few weeks ago to list some random things. I think the magic number was 8 random things. I’m not sure I can come up with 8, but here are a few.
1. Whenever I work out on the elliptical, treadmill, or bike (okay, who am I kidding. I don’t ever ride the bike. And I’ve only been on the treadmill once since I joined the gym in October.) So maybe I should revise this to say whenever I work on on the elliptical machine, I have to end on a quater mile or nice round number. But I don’t go for a certain distance, I go for time. So, for example, I work out for 40 minutes. At the end of 40 minutes, I’m at 3.62 miles. I have to get to 3.75 miles. So first I have to meet the time for that day, and second, I have to be on a nice number.
2. But these number things don’t translate to other areas of my life. I don’t have to end on a round number when I fill the car with gas. I never even look at the numbers. I never put in any extra. As soon as the automatic shut off shuts off, I’m done pumping gas.
3. I like batter better than most finished products. This goes for all batter, except for things made with buttermilk. Cookie dough, cake batter, brownie batter, pancake batter, etc. I love it all. But, I get a stomach ache every.single.time. I think I have a bit of an egg allergy, and I can’t handle the raw eggs in batter. But I eat it anyway. Every. Single. Time. I will never learn my lesson.
4. I get a stomach ache when I eat cooked eggs, too. But that didn’t start until after I had Logan. And it went away when I was pregnant with Camryn, but is back. So annoying becuase I like eggs. And batter.
5. My hair got curlier when I was pregnant with Connor. It was curly enough to fix curly. Now it’s really not curly or straight, which means I have to straighten it every day.
6. Well, not every day because I don’t wash my hair every day. who am I kidding…sometimes I don’t even shower every day. I always say I will do it at night, and then I get too tired and want to go to bed. I hate sleeping with wet hair.
7. When I was younger (like 9-ish), I used to hate to blow dry my hair because of the way it made my hand tingle. But my mom would make me do it so I wouldn’t sleep on wet hair. I am pretty sure that I shed some tears over it. Of course, I shed tears over lots of things…I have always had a flair for the dramatic.
8. I like to make movies, and always have. I have some awesome movies I made with my brothers, including “The Quest for the Golden Spoon” and one about dangers in the home. I made Rescue 911 movies with my friends. Even as an adult, I made a Behind the Music movie with some of Derek’s college friends. That one was complete with make-up and costumes. One of these days I’m going to get them up on the blog. Or at least find some pictures. I think that this flair for the dramatic and love of movie making is why I like to make video blogs.
9. And that leads me to a bonus item, I have a video blog ready to go! I’m just waiting for it to finish processing.
Wow, I sure can talk when I get going. I only had the egg and elliptical thing in mind, and look at that. 9 things!