1. I made a really good crock pot recipe last night. I saw it posted on this blog, and it did not disappoint. It got a thumbs up from 4 out of 5 family members (and, to tell you the truth, Logan’s thumb doesn’t really count because I think it’s broken. It always points down unless the meal consists of chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, or tacos.) Anyway, here’s the recipe:
4-5 chicken breasts
8 oz block of cream cheese
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 small can of diced green chilis
1 cup of milk
1 packet of dry italian salad dressing mix
Mix it all together in a crock pot and cook for 4-5 hours. Serve over rice and enjoy!
2. I ran 3 miles pushing Camryn in the jogger stroller this afternoon. It was harder than my 5 mile run the other day. It’s been forever since I ran with a stroller and it is no laughing matter.
3. Every once in awhile, I like to check out my google analytics reports to see what searches are finding my blog. I’m a little flattered that fabulous flirty and 30, 30 and flirty pics, and 30 flirty and fabulous are all in the top 10. I’m not so flattered that “a jiggly a**” (but with the real word) is number 10. Really? When have I ever blogged about that? I mean, it may be true and all…but really?
4. So I’m officially in my 30’s now. I turned the big three-one on Sunday. I had a really great birthday weekend that included a hot date with my hubby, a night out at The Chocolate Bar with friends, a brand new office chair (much needed and appreciated!), a few Amazon gift cards good old cash to spend, kids waking me up with noise makers and homemade cards done completely on their own without any prompting from Derek, really good food out at restaurants, and a cake baked at home with love. It was a wonderful birthday…maybe even one of the best yet.
5. After my reference to Notting Hill in this post, I felt compelled to re-watch it. It was just as funny and heartwarming as I remember. That movie came out just a few months before Derek and I got engaged and I can remember going to see it. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
6. What am I making for dinner tonight? How come I don’t meal plan for every day of the week? I was so proud of my dinner accomplishment last night, and of course today, here I sit at 4:27 blogging instead of figuring out what we are going to eat in an hour.
7. Blogging at 4:27? In a quiet house? Yes, it’s true. The boys are playing at my neighbor’s house this afternoon and Camryn is happily hanging out with her friends Alvin, Simon, and Theodore. She loves the Chipmunks almost as much as she loves her friends Woody, Buzz, and Jessie.
8. That’s all I got. It’s time to go do something about the breakfast dishes before the dinner dishes come out. Housekeeping was not high on the priority list today…some days are just like that.