It’s pouring outside right now, which has really thrown a wrench in my plans to sleep in this morning! So I’m up. I got tagged yesterday by Danielle, and I don’t think I’ve ever done this one before.
7 Random Things About Me:
1.) I like to sleep with my feet hanging off the end of the bed. I think this started back in high school when my super cool, antique bed was not quite long enough for me. I got in the habit of sleeping with my feet out the end of the bed, and I still think this is such a comfy way to sleep!
2.) In December 2002 (when I as huge pregnant with Connor) I downloaded about 20 different versions of “O Holy Night” and listened to them constantly. It’s my all time fave Christmas song, and it can still make me all verklempt. (<—— I love that word.)
3.) There are 3 words that I mispronounce every single time. At first, I truly didn’t know I was saying them wrong, but now I just say them wrong to be funny, mostly when I’m with Derek. Although sometimes I forget which is right and which is wrong. The three words are antenna (pronounced antAnna), unscathed (pronounced with the a like apple instead of aim) and preface (pronounced pre face).
4.) Sometimes I have to stop and remember that I am an actual grown up. This could be a blog post all on it’s own, but I stop and think a lot about how weird it is that I’m an actual grown up. It trips me out.
5.) I have piles of stuff all over the house. They drive Derek nuts. They look messy and random, but they are actually quite organized. I can usually find something specific amongst the piles and piles of stuff. I’ve always been this way….just ask my mom.
6.) Whenever I am in the car or drying my hair, I sing and think I am an actual good singer. Then I turn the music down or the hairdryer off to listen to myself and I realize it’s all in my head. I’m not completely tone deaf or anything, but I’m not nearly as good in real life as I am in my head.
7.) I believed in Santa until I was about 10 years old. Is this really unusual?
While I am on the topics of tags, Roomate tagged me several weeks ago. I did it right away but couldn’t think of an answer to one of the questions, so I left it unpublished.
1. Name: Megan Warner. Yup, Warner is my middle name, after my grandma. I hated it as a kid, but have grown to appreciate it as an adult.
2. Birthday: 1/23. I’ll be the big 2-8.
3. Birthplace: Olympia, WA
4. Eye Color: brown unless I wear green and then they are hazel-ish green.
5. Hair Color: dark blonde
6. Height: 5’9″
7. Ethnicity: Caucasian
8. Weakness: sweets, anything that’s a really great deal (like $2 shirts and $10 pants and things like that)
9. Most missed memory: Playing real, competitive volleyball on a good team.
11. Last time you cried: Yesterday. I rented The Waitress and cried my eyes out. It’s not really a sad movie, but now that I am pregnant, just about every movie brings me to tears. This includes August Rush and Dan in Real Life, the two most recent movies I saw in the theater.
12. Song title that currently says how you feel: “Where Are You Christmas” (This is the one I couldn’t think of. And I will admit I am having a really hard time getting into Christmas this year. It’s the tiredness and sickness, I think.)
13. What is the perfect day for you: it would include sleeping in, yummy food, time spent with friends and family, playing really fun games, seeing a movie in the theater, eating at a good restaurant, and maybe a little shopping but only if I was in a shopping mood.
14. Ever been asked for an autograph? no-actually I can change this to yes now! One of the kids who came to see the show got autographs of everyone in it. Cracked me up.
15. How do you vent anger? I cry. or sometimes scream into a pillow.
16. Who do you talk to most on the phone? probably RyAnn or my mom.
17. As a kid, were you a lego builder? Yes, but not as much as I am now since my kids are crazy about legos.
18. Do you chew on your straws? no
19. Do you sing in the shower? no, but i sing when I blow dry my hair.
20. Who’s the last person you stayed up late talking to on the phone to? I talked to Juli Beth a few weeks ago until almost 10 which is pretty late in my book!
21. The last place you went to in a plane? Oklahoma City for girls weekend last July.
22. Do you cry at weddings? Usually
23. Are you afraid of the dark? only when Derek is out of town.
24. What are you addicted to? my computer.
25. Crunchy or creamy peanut butter? only creamy for sure.
26. Who do you fight with the most? I don’t fight with many people (I hate, hate, hate confrontation)
27. Who can you tell anything to? I have a bunch of girlfriends who fall into this category, and Derek.
28. Who can’t you get enough of? Micheal Scoffield on Prison Break. 🙂 And Jim Halpert on the Office.
29. Who makes you laugh the most? I laugh a lot. Connor is definitely up there, Derek makes me laugh, friends make me laugh, my brothers and sister, Logan, and myself. Really. Sometimes I crack myself up. Just ask Derek.
30. Worst feeling in the world: knowing you have hurt someone.
31. How many pillows do you sleep with? 2
32. How many rings before you answer your phone? 2 if I hear it ringing.
33. How many times do you press the “snooze” button? If only my children or my dog came with a snooze button.
34. How do you sleep? Usually on my back with my arms over my head, or on my side.
35. Last time you laughed: I laugh every single day.
36. Ever looked at someone ugly and said “EWWW”? no way!
37. What is your favorite color? love greens
38. What is your favorite state? I love Texas for living, California for the beach, the weather, and the memories, and Colorado is beautiful.
I hate too many posts in a row with no pictures. Aren’t my boys sweet? (I know, I know…I’m just a little biased.)
Have a great Saturday!