Lat night, I thought our 4th of July (I guess technically it was the 5th of July) was going to end up being pretty eventful after being super low-key.

I thought maybe I was going to get to have my very own play-by play just like Jana Kay and Staci.

At 2:30 a.m. a strong contraction woke me up. This was one of those that makes you catch your breath. It happened again….and again…and again. I got up, walked around, contemplated waking Derek and oh, you know, packing for the hospital or something. I would doze off, only to be jolted out of sleep again by contractions, and these really didn’t feel like braxton hicks. I was having to breath through them. Finally at 5:00, I decided to get up and officially start timing them. IF they were 5 minutes apart, I was going to go to the hospital. They weren’t…they turned out to not even be coming in a consistent time frame (12 minutes, 8 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc.) At 6:00 a.m., I woke myself up with one of those big head-nod things that happens when your in a really boring class or meeting, so I headed back to bed where I fell asleep and didn’t wake up until Logan came in at 8:00, which means I am not in labor. But I am a zombie today after being up half the night. And last night made me really think it won’t be long until Camryn gets here! I am so freaked out by that..I am just restless and anxious…I think the next day or week or however long is going to c…r…a…w…l by. My mom was going to fly in next Friday, but she changed her ticket to Monday. This is good because she will be here if I go into labor a little early, and she will be a great diversion for me and the kiddos as we go into the home stretch of the pregnancy.

So, like I mentioned before, our 4th of July was really low key. Derek’s parents and sister drove in on Friday morning for a quick visit. Marla is in culinary school, so we were treated to a super delicious meal-it was amazing…salmon, steak/pepper/onion/mushroom kabobs, twice baked potatoes, asparagus, salad with homemade dressing, garlic bread, and strawberries and blueberries with a chocolate ganoush and homemade whipped cream. Yum! Derek and I took the kids to the pool for a bit last night, and that was it. No fireworks this year…they just start so late!

Derek’s mom brought the rest of the nursery bedding with her, so Camryn’s room is all set up! It looks so great-I love it. Pictures to come soon!

2 Replies to “”

  1. Maybe we’re just allowed 1 play-by-play a week. That means you can go in to labor anytime after midnight tonight 😉 I can’t wait!!!

  2. I can’t wait to see the nursery! Don’t go into labor untilo after you post pictures please. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *